CCRED delivers high-quality, action-oriented research that will assist in the transformation and development of not only South Africa, but African countries more widely. The Centre’s ambition supports that of the University of Johannesburg’s vision to become an international university of choice, anchored in Africa, dynamically shaping the future.
CCRED is a leading university research group established as a locus of knowledge and information on competition, regulation and economic development. Read more
CONNECT WITH US ON TWITTER
Involves analysing the barriers to entry and growth of smaller firms, including black industrialists, across the spectrum.
- Competition, barriers to entry and inclusive growth - Retail Banking - Capitec Case Study
- Competition, barriers to entry and inclusive growth - Fruit and Veg City Case Study
- Growth and strategies of large, lead firms - Remgro Ltd
- Railway Locomotives and Transnet: A Case Study
Research assesses industries across countries to understand the practical regional development challenges faced.
- The expansion of regional supermarket chains: Implications on suppliers in Botswana and South Africa
- Development of the animal feed to poultry value chain across Botswana, South Africa, and Zimbabwe
- Mining-related national systems of innovation in southern Africa
CCRED undertakes studies of firm-level issues to understand economic activity in Johannesburg and Gauteng.
- Towards an understanding of the economy of Johannesburg
- Understanding the Economy of the City of Johannesburg: A Review of Manufacturing Activity in 26 Industrial Nodes
- Understanding the Economy of the City of Johannesburg: Towards a Potential Food Processing Cluster