Programme Coordinator contract position
The Centre for Competition, Regulation and Economic Development (CCRED) at the University of Johannesburg undertakes economic research, teaching and advice on competition, regulation and industrial development in Africa. CCRED has a number of ongoing research and training programmes, in addition to public events, around understanding competition, inclusive growth and local economic development (please see www.competition.org.za for more details). These include conferences, short learning courses and symposiums in Southern and East African countries.
CCRED is seeking to appoint a Programme Coordinator on a full-time basis. This position is open to individuals from all disciplines. Appointment level and salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Programme Coordinator will be in charge of providing operational and administrative assistance to the Director by performing a variety of research, report writing, budgeting and financial management support roles. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for daily administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations and programmes delivery of the Centre.
- To work with all members of staff to ensure that office and administrative systems work efficiently and effectively.
- To act as central coordinator, and provide administrative and functional support to the Director.
- To regularly monitor and control agreed budgets in consultation with the Director.
- To work with the Director to develop tactical plans for quality delivery of curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment.
- To oversee the processing of documentation for applications to courses offered by CCRED.
- Organise and plan workshops and events including an annual conference, public platforms and seminars.
The candidate should possess the following:
- Strong event organisation and coordination skills in an academic/research environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good English writing and communication skills
- Good managerial skills
- High-level organisation skills
- Initiative and problem solver
- Proficient in the use of MS Office i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Degree/qualification(s) is essential
- 5 or more years of relevant experience
Duration: 1-year contract
Start Date: 1 September 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter
Applicants should forward a comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 14 August 2018. Enquiries can be addressed to the Director of CCRED, Professor Simon Roberts, at email@example.com.