Symposium on Competition Policy and Economic Regulation
21 August 2015
Venue: Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC), Nairobi, Kenya
The Competition Authority of Kenya (CAK) is honoured to host a Symposium on Competition Policy and Economic Regulation, and an intensive short course in Core Competition Economics.
Following the success of the symposium held in 2014, the CAK will host a full-day Symposium, covering the following topics:
- Regional competition enforcement – the EAC and COMESA in East Africa;
- Regulation and Competition, including developments in key markets (such as market inquiries);
- Horizontal restrictive practices: the Special Compliance Process and Corporate Leniency Policy;
- Key cases & penalties; and
- Adopting best practices in merger review: modernisation of Kenyan regime in the context of 10 years of the ICN merger guidelines.
The keynote speaker, Professor Frédéric Jenny (Professor of Economics at ESSEC Business School in Paris, Judge at the Supreme Court of France (Cour de Cassation) and Chairman of the OECD Competition Law and Policy Committee), will discuss regional cooperation and regional cartels.
Panellists will include staff members of competition authorities from the region, private sector legal practitioners and economic experts. In addition, Dr Javier Tapia (Judge at the Competition Tribunal of the Republic of Chile, member of the Centre for Regulation and Competition at Universidad de Chile, Faculty of Law) will share experiences on the lessons from Chile’s experience in competition enforcement, especially in addressing horizontal restrictive practices. In addition, Dr Witness Simbanegavi (Director of Research at the African Economic Research Consortium, Nairobi) will provide a regional perspective on competition enforcement.
Booking forms and contact details
For more information on the Symposium, please contact Lilian K. Mukoronia; Tel: +254-202628233 or +254-202779124; E-mail: email@example.com.